Member recipe by danielleplatt85
- 225g Plain Flour
- 175g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 397g can condensed milk
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 150g milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to fan 150°C, conventional 170°C, gas 3.
- Grease and line the base of a rectangular tin 28x 18 x3cm with baking parchment.
- Place flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar. Knead well to form a smooth dough.
- Press dough into prepared tin, press down evenly with the back of a spoon and bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool in tin.
- To make the topping, place butter, condensed milk and brown sugar in a non stick pan over a gentle heat. Melt ingredients together stirring continuously, and then boil for 5 minutes stirring continuously. Add vanilla essence and beat well. Pour evenly over the cooked base in the tin and allow to cool.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof basin and melt over a pan of boiling water.
- Spread melted chocolate over topping and allow to set thoroughly before removing from baking tin.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…