Torta di mele
Member recipe by lacucinaimperfetta
The torta di mele is the most classic and popular Italian cakes. Recipe for apple pie there are really endless, this is a classic recipe with apples that rise to the surface, and is taken from the collection of recipes from my grandmother. Good, high and soft, perfect for breakfast and for a snack!
- 14 oz flour 00
- 7 oz caster sugar
- 5 oz of butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 lbs 8 oz of apple
- 5 oz of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 °. Put in the planetary, or in the cup, the sugar and the butter softened at room temperature and then mounted with the whisk until the mixture is white and fluffy.
- Wash and peel the apples. Divide them into four, remove the core and cut into wedges. Place the apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to stop them discolouring.
- Once ready the mixture of butter and sugar, add one egg at a time and continue to work with whips (set aside the egg whites). Finished entering the egg transfer compound from the planet in a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- At this point add gradually the flour and baking powder, alternating with the milk, and mix with the aid of a spatula. Do not worry if the dough will tend to become very compact and almost difficult to work. Whip the egg whites. United the egg whites to the rest of the dough with movimenbti regularly from bottom to top and vice versa.
- Grease a cake tin with hinged opening of 0.78 foot in diameter and pour in the mixture leveling them well. Arrange the apple slices on the dough and bake a halo. Cook for about 45 minutes, but do the toothpick test, I recommend! Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool and remove it from the mold. Serve your apple pie!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…