Claire's creamy potato salad
Member recipe by claire115
Creamy potato salad contrasts with the sharpness of capers and cornichons
- 800g small new potatoes
- 3 spring onions , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 2 tbsp cornichons , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise , or less to taste
- 1 tbsp sour cream, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper
- small handful dill leaves, roughly chopped
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Cut potatoes in half. Boil unpeeled potatoes for 15-20 mins, until a sharp knife slides easily into them. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- While the potatoes are still warm, stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream, chop and add the other ingredients, season to taste and add a little lemon juice if a sharper taste is required.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm. When the potatoes are no longer warm, chill in the fridge for at least an hour (or overnight).
- Reserve a little of the dill and parsley for garnish
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…