Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 6 unwaxed lemons
- 500g caster sugar
- 1 litre Vodka
- Carefully remove the peel from the lemons with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include any of the white pith. Squeeze out the juice from the lemons and set aside.
- Put in the caster sugar in a pan with 200ml water, then stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon peel to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the juice, bring back to the boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Put in a large jar and add the vodka. Cover tightly and leave for two weeks shaking the jar very gently every two days.
- Strain the liqueur and pour into bottles. Add a strip of zest to each. Serve chilled as an after-dinner treat.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…