Chicken fajita filling
Member recipe by rosie-lou-lou
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb 3 oz tinned tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- rind and juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Slice chicken into strips. Then heat oil, add chicken and cook stirring, until it is evenly browned.
- Add onions and cook with chicken for 4 mins or until soft.
- Stir in cumin, cayenne pepper, ground coriander and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and stir well, breaking them up with a spoon. Add red peppers, lime rind and juice to the chicken.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins or until the sauce is thick and slightly reduced.
- Season to taste, then stir in the chopped fresh coriander. Cover and keep warm.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…