Ginger Apple Pancakes
Member recipe by Opies
Ginger Apple Pancakes DESCRIPTION Delicate pancakes flavoured gently with Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup.
- Pancakes: 125g (4 oz) plain flour 2 eggs (beaten) 10ml (2 teaspoons) caster sugar 300ml (1/2 pint) milk
- 25g (1 oz) butter (melted)
- pinch of salt
- Ginger Apple: 15ml (3 teaspoons) finely chopped Opie's stem ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 large cooking apples
- 30ml 3 tablespoons) caster sugar
- cinnamon to taste
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double cream or Greek yogurt
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Place in a microwave dish with sugar and cook on high for approximately 5 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool and carefully mix in the finely chopped ginger and cinnamon to taste.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the beaten eggs and gradually mix in the milk to obtain a smooth batter. Add the sugar and melted butter to the batter mix and beat well.
- Cook the pancakes in a greased frying pan allowing approximately 15ml (1 tablespoon) of batter for each pancake. Add a spoonful of ginger apple to the centre of each pancake and roll up.
- Place on a dish or plate and serve with double cream or yoghurt garnished with cinnamon.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…