Fruity Lemon n Cheese cake
Member recipe by comfie
Classic cake naturally flavoured with lemon and creamy cheese. Great with any natural fruit juice.
- 1 cup, butter or margarine (room temperature)
- 1-2cups, brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 cup, creamy cheese
- 1 cup, buttermilk
- 3 cups, all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp, lemon zest
- 1/2 cup, mixed dried fruits
- Light oven and set to 250°, grease a 10'' baking pan. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add cheese and Turbo whisk. Add half of the buttermilk and lemon zest and mix for 1 minute.
- Sieve flour, salt and baking soda together. Fold into the mixture and add the rest of the butter milk.
- You may choose to add the dried fruits or sprinkle over the mixture after pouring it into the baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes and insert a toothpick to see if it is well done. It should be if the toothpick comes out clean. Stand cake for 5 minutes then turn unto a cooling rack for another 5 minutes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…