sunday dinner biriani
Member recipe by jackbraley
- Curry Paste (you can use my homemade or just shop bought)
- Joint Of meat (Chicken or Lamb).
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 pepper (chopped)
- 1 sweet potatoe (chopped)
- basmati rice
- smother your curry paste (keep the jar) over your choice joint of meat and place in the fridge for min 1hour max 24 hours
- pre heat the oven to 150 degrees
- in a large oven tray add all the veg uncooked and tin of tomatoes
- fill the curry paste jar with water shake and pour over veg in the tray add a pint and a half of chicken stock.
- place a grill over the top of the oven tray and place meat on grill ensuring it does not touch the gravy and cover tightly with tin foil
- leave to cook in the oven for 2 hours stiring the gravy ocasionaly.
- after 2 hours pour the rice in the gravy and stir, cook for a further hour or until the rice is cooked
- your meat should be tender and falling of the bone
- serve dish with rice and meat with nan bread
- if you would like more moisture try adding a sauce - mix curry powder and gravy granules together and make like you would a normal gravy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…