Chilli Con Carne
Member recipe by jackbraley
- for the spice mix.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cayanne pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (you can choose how hot)
- 1 ground stock cube (beef)
- for the base
- 400g of beef mince
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tbsp of tomatoe purree
- 1 tbsp of chopped corriander (save a little for garnish)
- 1 tin of kidney beans (just buy the cheap tin)
- 1 tin of baked beans in tomatoe sauce
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- put all the spices in a cup or bowl and mix together
- to a pan add a tsp of oil and sweet down your onions, then your celery and peppers then add the garlic.
- turn the heat up and add your mince stir till part cooked the throw in the spice mix and stir till you coat every thing
- add the tomatoe purree and stir in the kidney beans cook this for a few minutes you can turn the heat down a little to stop burning
- now its time to add the baked beans and your tin tomatoes and stir in well.
- drop in your bay leaf and coriander also season to tase give it one last stir leaving to cook for as long as you like.
- the longer you leave it the more the flavours develope
- serve with rice and a tortilla wrap. a great garnish for this is sour cream or for extra spice some chilli cheese sauce and a fresh salad salsa
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…