Cannellini Bean Dip
Member recipe by mattc1554
- For the spice mix
- 1 tsp ground nutmed
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- For the dip
- 1 can, Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the spice mix. You can use ready ground powders however it's better to use whole spices, dry fry, and put through a spice/coffee grinder.
- Fry the onion and garlic on a low heat in half the olive oil for 5 minutes. Once softened, add the spice mix and nigella seeds. Cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the beans.
- Once the beans a fully heated through, add the lime juice, salt and fresh coriander and mash with the back of a fork.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining olive oil and a few sprigs of fresh coriander.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…