Scott's Scalloped Potatoes
Member recipe by srharri3
A family favorite using the microwave leaving the oven for other things
- 3 Tablespoons of margarine
- 1 Onion chopped fine
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 Cups of milk (Depending on how saucy you want it)
- 4 Potatoes approx.
- In a 2 quart casserole combine butter and onion and microwave at high for approx 2-3 minutes or until butter melts and onion is slightly tender
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper
- Blend in milk and microwave uncovered for approx 5 - 7 minutes or until thickened (stir twice during this step)
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise then crosswise into thin slices. Add as many slices to the thickened sauce until you get the consistency you want. I like there to be some sauce so don't always use all of the potatoes. Experience will help you decide in the future
- Cover and microwave at high for at least 15-20 minutes (Stirring twice) until the potatoes are as tender as you want. Let stand covered for 5 minutes
- AU GRATIN
- Follow the recipe above, stir in at least 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the thickened sauce until melted (taste and add more if you want it cheesy er) then add potatoes and follow the rest of the recipe
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…