Oriental Beef with Egg Noodles
Member recipe by lewisgwait
- 2 tender beef steaks
- A splash of oil (olive, vegetable, peanut)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 finely chopped chillies
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 a chopped onion
- 75g bean sprouts
- 150g bok choy
- 500g egg noodles
- Serving Bowls
- Heat the wok to high heat and add the beef steaks with the oil. Make sure the beef is medium rare.
- Chop the meat into strips and set to the side.
- Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, chillies, spring onions and corn flour in a small bowl. Set to the side
- Saute the onions until fragrant then add the bean sprouts and bok choy under reduced heat. Toss quickly in the pan and return the beef and sauces to the pan. Simmer.
- Prepare the egg noodles as per the packet's instructions.
- when the sauce has thickened slightly serve up with the noodles and garnish with lettuce leaves and the coriander.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…