Caramel Chocolate Shortbread
Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
- 115g butter (Plus extra for greasing)
- 175g plain flour
- 55g golden caster sugar
- Filling and topping
- 175g butter
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 400g canned condensed milk
- 200g Plain chocolate (Broken into pieces)
- Grease and line the bottom of a 23-cm/9inch shallow square cake tin. Place the butter, flour and sugar in a food processor ans process until it starts to blind together. Press into the pan and level the top. Bake in a preheated oven, 180'C,350'F/Gas Mark 4, for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel. Place the butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has melted. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring, or until very thick. Pour over the shortbread and chill in the refridgerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and allow to cool a little, then spread over the caramel. Chill in the refridgerator for 2 hours, or until set. Cut the shortbread into 12 pieces using a sharp knife.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…