Dales Eastern Curry
Member recipe by deanellerton
- 800g Chicken breasts or drumstcks and thighs
- 50mm Fresh ginger cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks of lemon grass crushed
- 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 150g small button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric pwder
- 3 teaspoons of madras curry powder (more if you like it hot)
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 3 medium onions sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 400 ml of water
- corn flour for thickening the sauce
- black pepper
- Corriander (roughly chopped)
- In a large casserole dish add the vegetable oil and lightly fry the chicken for about 5 minutes until slightly coloured.
- Then add all the other ingrediants to the pan except the water and the cornflour and fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water to the pan, cover with a tight fitting lid and put into the oven for 30 minutes at 190C.
- After 30 minutes remove the casserole from the oven and place on the hob. Add the cornflour to thicken the sauce and a little more water if required. Cook out the cornflour for about 1 minute, remove the lemon grass stalks and then serve on a bed of boiled white rice sprinkling the chopped coriander on the top.
- For those that like a a bit more salt sprinkle with a little light soy sauce to taste.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…