Lamb with Spiced Berry Sauce
Member recipe by phillipa1
Perfect for winter entertaining, the warming spices in the sauce compliment the tender lamb.
- · 2 racks of lamb, approx 8-12 cutlets
- · 2 shallots
- · 15g butter
- · 8tbsps Bottlegreen Spiced Berry Cordial
- · 6tbsps port
- · 100g mixed berries, i.e., redcurrants, blackberries or cranberries, any combination
- · 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 180c, 350f, gas mark 4. Place the rack of lamb in a roasting tin, cook for 30 minutes. Remove and brush over 2tbsps of the Spiced Berry Cordial as a glaze, return to the oven for approx 15 minutes, 5 minutes less for pinker lamb and 5 minutes more for well done.
- 2. To make the sauce, finely chop the shallots. Heat the butter in a saucepan, gently cook the shallots until softened, add the remaining cordial and port, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the berries and Dijon mustard, heat through.
- 3. Carve the lamb into cutlets, arrange on a plate, spoon over the sauce. Serve with green beans, sugar snap peas and new potatoes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…