Sweet Milk Buns
Member recipe by munatycooking
Sweet Milk Buns can be filled with sweet or savory fillings, or enjoyed plain.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup warm water (May need more)
- For brushing the buns:
- 1 beaten egg
- To sprinkle on top of buns:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Gradually add the warm water to previous mixture and knead.
- In the beginning the dough will be sticky, but as you keep kneading, you'll notice that the dough is getting firmer and won't stick.
- Knead for 5 to 7 minutes, then cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until double in size.
- Punch the dough and knead it for 1 minute.
- Lightly dust your baking sheet with flour.
- Form 4 equal balls from the dough and place on baking sheet, cover with wet cloth and let rise again for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 374F/190C.
- After the 30 minutes, brush the buns with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…