Member recipe by maureen25
This is a very light dessert recipe, which was passed on to me by my late mother-in-law. Perfect after a big roast dinner!
- 1lb cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1 egg (separated)
- Core, peel and slice cooking apples and 2 tablespoons of sugar and simmer gently for about 10 minutes until soft. Put aside to cool
- Mix custard powder with 1 tablespoon of sugar and a little of the milk, gradually stir in remainder of milk. Bring to boil and simmer for about 5 mins until thick. Remove from heat add in egg yolk. Put into a serving bowl, cover with cling and allow to cool.
- When apple is cool, whisk up egg white until stiff, gradually whisk in apple a little at a time and place on top of custard
- Delicious served with cream or icecream
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…