Spiced Moroccan Salad
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 1 rounded tbsp harissa paste
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp for frying
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped plus a handful of whole leaves
- 8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 100g whole blanched almonds
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, halved widthways and sliced into thin shreds
- 100g Kalamata olives
- Using a small wire whisk, mix together the harissa, the 5 tablespoons of olive oil and the lime juice in a small bowl. Stir in the chopped coriander, mint and a grinding of pepper. Taste and adjust to the way you like it, adding a little more lime or harissa if needed.
- Heat the remaining tsp of oil in a heavy-based pan, add the almonds and fry until golden, shaking the pan occasionally so that they are evenly coloured. Tip onto kitchen paper to drain, then season and set aside.
- Wash the Romaine then, working from the base, cut the leaves into chunky slices, stopping about a third from the top to leave the tips of the leaves intact. Tip the lettuce into a bowl and scatter over the almonds, spring onions, olives and remaining coriander leaves. Give the dressing a quick whisk then drizzle over the salad. Perfect served with Tomato & Cheese flatbread and chilled glass of Riesling.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…