- 500g firm white fish fillets, such as haddock, halibut or pollack, skinned and thinly sliced
- juice 8 limes (250ml/9fl oz), plus extra wedges to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- handful pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- good pinch caster sugar
- tortilla chips, to serve
In a large glass bowl, combine the fish, lime juice and onion. The juice should completely cover the fish; if not, add a little more. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 1 hr 30 mins.
Remove the fish and onion from the lime juice (discard the juice) and place in a bowl. Add the olives, chilies, tomatoes, coriander and olive oil, stir gently, then season with a good pinch of salt and sugar. This can be made a couple of hours in advance and stored in the fridge. Serve with tortilla chips to scoop up the ceviche and enjoy with a glass of cold beer.