Exotic Mushroom Tart
Member recipe by lhood13
This mushroom tart is perfect for dinner parties, it can serve up to 6 people and only takes 20-25 minutes to bake. We used the Livesey Bros Sumo Pack which consists of Buna Shimeji, Shiro Shimeji, Eryngii and Shiitake. It is a delicious meal, certain to please any guests! For more Exotic Mushroom recipes, visit www.mushroommeals.co.uk!
- 1x 500g Livesey Bros Sumo Pack
- 1 Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet
- 60g Red Pesto
- 160g Brie
- 1 Egg (beaten, for glazing)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper (seasoning)
- Side Salad (as an accompaniment)
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Slice the Eryngii Mushroom, quarter the Shiitake mushrooms and split the clusters of Shimeji mushrooms- fry the mushrooms in the oil and season well then fry for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry onto a large tray and spread the pesto over the pastry evenly
- Thinly slice the brie then layer it over the pesto evenly
- Top the pastry with the mushrooms, spreading evenly over the brie
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg in order to give it a glazed finish then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown and the cheese has melted
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…