spiced hazelnut mince pies
Member recipe by oliver7s
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Pies
a rich pastry - melts in the mouth. Something very special for mince pies
- 225g plain flour
- 75g ground hazelnuts (roasted)
- 80g icing sugar
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 185g cold butter chopped coarsely
- 1 egg yolk
- 2tsp iced water
- 375g mincemeat
- 1 beaten egg
- Blend flour, ground hazelnuts, sugar, spice and butter in a food processor until crumbly. Whilst motor still running add egg yolk and enough water to make ingredients come together.
- Turn dough on to floured surface, knead gently till smooth and then wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven 220C and grease patty tins.
- Roll out half pastry between sheets of greaseproof paper until 5 mm thick. Cut out 18 rounds to fit tin and then fill with mincemeat.
- Roll out other half and make lids for the mince pies. Brush with beaten egg and bake for about 25 minutes and then stand for a further 10 minutes. Dust with icing sugar
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…