chicken and sweetcorn soup
Member recipe by philipparose
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 L chicken stock
- dash sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons of cornflower
- 1-2 eggs
- 3 spring onions (optional)
- cover chicken breast with water in a pan and simmer until cooked. Remove chicken (keep the water) cool, and remove skin. Shred the chicken into long strips.
- In another pot combine the chicken stock, ginger powder, sesame oil and sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, then add the shredded chicken.
- mix the cornflower with a little of the chicken water to create a paste, drizzle into the soup and mix. thoroughly.
- mix your egg(s) with a little of the chicken water, and drizzle into the soup very slowly from a height, using a fork to create strands as the egg cooks.
- garnish with copped spring onions.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…