- 100g mixed soft herbs - choose between basil, flat-leaf or parsley, mint, chives, dill - whatever you have in your garden or fridge, plus extra to serve
- 300ml full-fat crème fraîche
- 100g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 100g pine nut, toasted, plus extra to serve
- 50g spaghetti, linguine or other pasta per person
Put the herbs, crème fraîche and Parmesan in a food processor and whizz together. Add the pine nuts and pulse so they are just a little chopped. Season really, really well, then divide what you want to freeze between ice cube trays using a couple of teaspoons. Wrap in cling film and freeze.
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, then stir in fresh pesto. If using the frozen cubes, pop 1-2 pesto ice cubes per person into the pasta pan. Tip the drained pasta back on top, put the lid on and leave for 10 mins. Stir the melted pesto into the pasta, then serve topped with more Parmesan, a few pine nuts and extra herbs, if you like.