Barbecue Arbeque Chicken
Member recipe by clemmiecorlett
Barbecue Arbeque chicken with coriander cous-cous and elderflower roasted vegetables. Turn simple barbecued chicken into something really special by serving with lightly scented elderflower roasted vegetables, a real twist on a summer favourite.
- 4 chicken breasts, or a selection of thighs and drumsticks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- 4 small bunches cherry tomatoes
- 3tbsp bottlegreen elderflower cordial
- 2tbsps olive oil
- 250g cous-cous
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Pre-heat oven to 200c, gas mark 6. Core, de-seed and cut the peppers into wedges.
- Peel and quarter the red onion, cut the courgette into thick slices. Place on a baking tray with the cherry tomatoes. Pour over the bottlegreen elderflower cordial and 1tbsp of the olive oil, toss until coated. Cook for approx 20-30 mins until softened and beginning to char a little
- Meanwhile, barbeque or grill the chicken for approx 20-30 mins until cooked through and piping hot
- Make the cous-cous by placing in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, bring the stock to the boil, pour over and stir, cover and leave to absorb the liquid. Fluff up with a fork
- Finely chop the coriander and stir into the cous-cous
- Serve the chicken on a bed of cous-cous with the roasted vegetables, spooning over all the lovely elderflower juices.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…