scrummy fish pie
Member recipe by bigmammalynne
- 700g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 fillets of haddock
- 425ml semi skimmed milk
- 25g margarine
- 25g flour
- 25g half fat strong cheddar cheese
- pre-heat oven to 200C/gas mark 6
- Place the potatoes in a pan with boiling water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Drain them and mash with a little semi-skimmed milk.
- Chop the fish into chunks and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Place the milk, margarine and flour in a small pot over a medium heat.
- Stir continuously with a whisk or wooden spoon untill the sauce starts to bubble. pour over fish.
- Top with the mashed potato. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the potato.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. serve with green beans or peas.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…