Chicken, Goats Cheese and Rice
Member recipe by keswales
Butterflied chicken on top of baked goats cheese and tomato and Mediterranean vegetable rice. An easy and delicious main course for two.
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 small packet of chicken seasoning, e.g. Schwartz Shotz
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 goats cheese
- olive oil
- 1 small courgette
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g long grain rice
- salt and pepper
- Mix the chicken seasoning, honey and lemon juice in a bowl. Coat the chicken in this paste and leave to marinate for a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Chop the courgette and peppers into cubes and fry in a non-stick pan in a little olive oil until starting to brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and rice and two cups of boiling water. Continue to add more water as needed and stir until the rice is cooked and most of the sauce has been absorbed (around 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile slice the goats cheese horizontally to make two wheels and put a little olive oil on each side. Cook the chicken on a baking tray for around 5 minutes, then add the goats cheese to the oven on another baking tray and continue to cook the chicken and goats cheese for around five minutes.
- Serve the chicken on top of the goats cheese, stacked on top of the rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…