Yellow Bean Chicken
Member recipe by jonesey92
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil, or 1-2 sprays of oil
- Chicken breast, in bite-size pieces
- 100g (stir fry) veg (your choice - I like peppers, mushrooms and carrots)
- Handful of cashew nuts, optional
- For the sauce
- 40g yellow bean sauce (such as Amoy's - try Asian stores)
- 2 tsp (low salt) soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Approx 100ml water
- To serve
- Boiled (wholegrain) basmati rice, or egg noodles
- Heat your oil or oil sprays in a wok or frying pan on medium heat. When hot enough, add the chicken and stir fry till browned all over.
- Add the veg and cook for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the yellow bean and soy sauces, and rice wine vinegar in a little jug. Then stir enough water to give a nice thin sauce, though you could use less if you like thicker, stickier sauces.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and toss the chicken and veg around till it is well mixed in. Cook for about another 5 mins till the chicken is cooked, and the veg is tender but still with a little crunch
- Toss in some cashew nuts if you like them, and stir then through the veg for a minute to heat through.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles - why not try making some egg fried rice for a real Chinese feast?
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…