spicy med veg lasagne
Member recipe by mrsamos
a mildly spiced roast veg lasagne with italian herbs and cheshire cheese , can be tailored to suit any taste by adding or removing heat.
- Roasting Tin / Jug / Pan
- 1 medium / large courgette sliced
- 1 medium aubergine sliced
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 4 large mushrooms sliced (any variety found in supermarkets)
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 red pepper de-seeded and sliced
- 1 large tin of plum or chopped tomatoes
- italian herbs mix (i use shwartz spicy italian)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pint of veg stock made with 1 veg oxo cube
- lasagne sheets
- dash of oil for roasting
- Cheese Topping
- I used a handful of crumbled cheshire and a handful of grated chedder mixed up.
- Pre-Heat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Slice up your courgette , aubergine , tomatoes , mushrooms , pepper and onion - Rinse under running water. Add to the roasting tin with a dash of oil - sprinkle of Salt and Pepper to taste and bang it in the oven for 10-15 mins or until softened - NOT SOGGY - whilst these are cooking go to next step.
- So whilst the veg is roasting add your tin of tomatoes to a large pan, add in a tablespoon of italian herbs and your tomato puree - salt and pepper and veg stock - heat this gently until bubbling nicely.
- After your 15 mins remove veg from the oven and transfer to the pan of tomatoes. stir together gently.
- In 2 individual lasagne dishes - or a large one - layer some of your veggy mix to the bottom. Then a layer of DRY lasage sheets - I then added a sprinkle of cheese and build up another layer of veg mix and layer of pasta - keep going as you like making sure you end with your veg mix.
- transfer this to the oven for 15 minutes until the pasta has softened. After 15 minutes add your cheese mix to the top and bake for a further 5 minutes or until your cheese is melted.
- remove from oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Serve with Garlic Bread drizzled with balsamic vinegar or a nice crisp salad.
- Beautiful !!!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…