Chicken Legs with Chorizo
Member recipe by stuartharvey
This recipe can be enjoyed all year round. The chorizo and paprika add brilliant color and flavour to the dish.
- 2 good size chicken legs
- Olive Oil
- 1.5" thick slice of Chorizo
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube to make 200ml Stock
- 2 par boiled Potatoes cut into quarters
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Paprika
- 1/2 tea spoon of ceyenne pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Season the chicken legs and place a slice of the chorizo under the skin then brown in a wok. Place the skin side down first for 3 minutes then turn over for another 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a clean plate.
- Add the vegetables and chorizo to the wok and fry until onions are translucent. Add the garlic, paprika and ceyence and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the potatoes to the pan and mix well until the potatoes have turned a light reddish color.
- Place vegetables in a baking tray and place the chicken legs on top. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Un cover the chicken and vegetables and add the chicken stock to stop it all drying out. Return to the oven for another 25 minutes.
- To serve take out the potatoes and vegetables, split between two plates then place the chicken on top.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…