Scandinavian Farmer Bread
Member recipe by ranya1970
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Breads
- 25 g yeast
- 100 ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400 ml water
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oliven oil
- 150 g rye flour
- 229 g wholemeal flour
- 450-500 plain flour
- Mix 100 ml warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix 400 ml warm water, oliven oil and salt. Stir in the yeast-mix.
- In kitchen bowl mix the plain flour, the wholemeal flour and the rye flour. Stir in yeast-mix and mix well. Once the dough is satin-smooth, place it in a bowl. Leave to rise for 2 hours.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Knock back the dough, then gently mould the dough into 2 loafs. Place it on the baking parchment to prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200C. Dust the loafs with flour, cut crosses into the top of the loafs with a sharp knife and and butter the top with a water. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and the loafs sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…