Member recipe by rachyj
A lovely tomato soup with a hint of roasted red pepper and chilli.
- 6 - 8 ripe large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inion
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted and skins removed
- 1/2 vegetable stock
- Peel tomatoes, cover them with boiling water for about 1 minute. Peel. Grill peppers then set aside to cool and skins will be easy to remove.
- Heat a little olive oil and fry onion, garlic and chilli. Add the peppers after 3 minutes, this intensifies the flavour.
- Add the skinned tomatoes and cook for a bit to allow them to soften, then add the stock.
- Cook for 15 minutes and allow to cool. Once cooled, put a whizzer through the mix - sometimes i strain the seeds out if I'm feeling in the mood, otherwise I like them with seeds.
- Easy and yummy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…