Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Portions
- 4oz digestive biscuits
- 1/2 level tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 butter, melted
- 12oz cottage or curd cheese
- Yolks and whites of 3 standard eggs
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp custard powder or cornflour
- 1 level tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 tbsp fresh double cream
- Crush biscuits. Mix with cinnamon and melted butter.
- Use to cover base of a 18cm/7inch loose bottomed buttered round cake tin.
- Rub cottage cheese, if used, through sieve.
- Add egg yolks, 75g/3oz sugar, custard powder or cornflour, lemon rind and double cream to cottage or curd cheese. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff snow. Gently fold in rest of sugar.
- Fold into cheese mixture with large metal spoon. Pour into tin. Bake in oven for 150c/300f or gas mark 2. For 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and open oven door. Leave cake in oven for further 30 min.
- Gently remove from tin when cold.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…