Rich Butter cake
Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Slices
- 6oz softened butter
- 6oz caster sugar
- 3 standard eggs
- 8oz plain flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 level tsp baking powder
- Prepare 20cm/8inch cake tin.
- Cream butter with sugar thoroughly for 3 to4 min, until light and fluffy. Beat in whole eggs, one at a time, adding a tbsp of flour with each. Beat in the milk with a tbsp of milk.
- Gently fold in rest of the flour sieved together with baking powder with large metal spoon.
- Transfer to tin and smooth top with knife.
- Bake in oven in oven at 160c, 325f or Gas mark 3. for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- Leave in tin for 5 min. Turn out onto wire wrack.
- Carefully peel off baking paper and cool.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…