Member recipe by the_edventure
- 5 - 6 grenadillas
- 6 eggs seperated
- 185 g castor sugar
- 1/2 teasp. finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablesp. lemon juice
- 3 teasp. gelatine
- 1 1/4 cups whipped cream
- Cut passionfruit in half, scoop out the pulp, add to sugar and egg yolks, lemon rind and juice and beat well.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl and leave until spongy.
- Place bowl in a pan of just boiled water ( the water should come half way up the bowl ) and stir until dissolved.
- Add the gelatine to the passionfruit and eggs, fold in the beaten egg whites and the whipped cream.
- Pour into champagne glasses or dessert bowl and chill for approx. 4 hours, decorate with chocolate shavings or lemon zest.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…