deviled egg sandwich
Member recipe by hjbetts
ServingsServes 1 - 40 Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup soft butter or cream cheese
- 20 slices bread of your choice
- 4 or 5 hardboiled eggs
- 8 ounces canned sardines in oil, oil reserved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with butter or cream cheese.
- Place all the remaining ingredients except reserved oil in a food processor.
- Whirl until a spread is formed, adding reserved oil and/or mayonnaise to bring it to spreading consistency.
- Spread the mixture evenly over 10 slices of bread.
- top with the other 10.
- remove the crusts and cut into tea sandwiches.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…