Asian Chicken Vegetable Wrap
Member recipe by mathildescuisine
- 600g of chicken breast
- 400g of carrots, grated
- 1 spring green
- 5 spring onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds, fried
- For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (nam pla).
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed and shredded (optional)
- 3 large mild red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- Slice the chicken into thin and long pieces. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade together. Add the chicken and toss well. Leave to marinate for an hour (preferably a night).
- Heat some sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the meat with the marinade for 10 mn.
- Meanwhile, heat some sesame oil in another pan and fry the onions. Add the carrots, the sesame seeds, the cumin, a splash of soya sauce and let it cook for 10 mn at medium heat.
- Remove the spring green leaves from the centre, wash gently and shred. Blanche the leaves for about 3 minutes in boiling water until they soften and drain them.
- Wrap some carrot mix and slices of chicken in a leaf.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…