Steak with cheesy topping
Member recipe by babyolj98
- 2 rib eye steaks approx 180g each
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 150ml milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbs Worcester sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g dolcelatte cheese
- 400g Maris piper potatoes
- Add the butter and flour to a pan to make a roux (sauce), add the milk whisking as you go, then add the cheese, mustard, Worcester sauce and stir until melted. Lastly beat in the egg yolk.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper then add to a preheated pan, cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium, or couple of minutes either way for rare or well done steak. Top with the cheese mixture and cook under a pre heated grill set to its highest setting and cook until topping is golden and bubbling.
- Peel and chip the potatoes, keeping them chunky. Parboil for 5 minutes then drain. Transfer to a preheated baking tray then drizzle with oil and bake in an oven set at 200c (gas mark 6) for around an hour until golden. Season with salt.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…