Aubergine and Rocket Risotto
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
The wine gives the flavour a real boost. A wonderfully creamy risotto. Tip: Replace wine with the same amount of stock.
- Olive oil
- 2 medium aubergines, diced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups risotto rice
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 410g (1 can) chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 liter hot vegetable stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- 80g wild rocket
- Heat a glug of oil in a large pot and fry the aubergine until softened. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Heat another glug of oil and fry onions and garlic until soft. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed. Stir through tomatoes.
- Add stock, a little at a time, stirring continuously until rice is creamy and al dente.
- Fold through aubergine, Parmesan and rocket.
- Season and top with the extra Parmesan before serving.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…