Member recipe by kayski1
A vegetarian recipe for lentils - perfect to substitute ground beef in tacos, hamburgers or sandwiches or just as a side dish.
- 1 cup brown or red lentils
- 3-4 cups of water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 3 tsp parika powder
- 1 egg (optional)
- basil (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- take one cup of dry lentils put into a pot and add 3-4 cups of water, boil vigoursly at high heat for 10 minutes the turn down to minimum heat and boil for another 20 minutes. A little bit of olive oil and finely chopped garlic can be added to the water.
- Drain the lentils and put on a frying pan at medium heat, let the water evaporate then add a little bit of canola or olive oil. Add the rest of ingredients - 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic, mustard, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Fry/heat for 10 minutes.
- Take lentils and put into a big bowl and add an egg, then make little patties and fry them, or as a vegan altenative they can be eaten as a side dish or added to tacos without the egg. It will be a little more crummy but still good.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…