Judy's Danish Apple Tart
Member recipe by lyndhurst70
- 250g Plain flour
- 175g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 175g Margarine
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 2-3 Cox's apples
- Blend flour, baking powder and rub in the margarine, then mix in the sugar and the egg. (this can be done in a food processor, just adding the egg at the end)
- Take 2/3 of the mixture and press into a 8-9" cake tin. Slice and peel the apples and arrange on top in whatever pattern you like.
- Roll out the remainder of the pastry and cut into strips about 2-3cm. wide and arrange in a lattice pattern over the apples. You don't have to be too fussy because as it cooks the strips tend to spread into each other.
- Bake in the oven for 40mins @ 160-170C/Fan
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy with creme fraiche
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…