Egg White Omelette
Member recipe by roguefitness
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, all excess water squeezed out
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, tomatoes, spinach and a pinch salt. Cook until the onion is soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add pepper, to taste, and another pinch salt; and cook for another minute. Remove the spinach mixture from the heat to a bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites, water, and a pinch salt and pepper until frothy. Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet or omelet pan with cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the egg whites, swirling to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until set, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber scraper lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg whites and spinach mixture.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…