Glazed "candy" carrots.
Member recipe by Cloudymao
Caramelised carrots, good as part of a meal (If you want the most out of your carrots never use water, only using butter will let the carrots stay at their most carroty.) the kids love these sweet veggies.
- 700g Peeled carrots, sliced thickly.
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 3 tsp Caster sugar
- 2 pinches of tyme leaves.
- Put a wide coverable (lidded) pan on a low heat. and melt the butter.
- Add the carrots evening them out over the bottom of the pan [so they're evenly cooked]
- Distribute the caster sugar over them evenly and leave them cooking (covered) on a low heat for about 35min
- Stir in the tyme leaves and cook for another few minutes, or until very glazed and soft.
- Serve as part of a main meal.