West African Chicken Stew
Member recipe by keithy_george
This is a very cheap, healthy, filling meal for those long cold winter nights.
- 4 Fresh on the bone chicken thighs, skin removed.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 4x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Bag of baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Basmati rice
- Heat the oil in a large pot and gently sweat the onion and garlic on a medium heat until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and add the chilli powder and stir.
- Then add the washed and skinned Chicken thighs to the tomatoes along with the spinach.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes or until the chicken is falling off the bone
- Add salt to taste. Best served with basmati rice or pitta bread
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…