Celebrate in style
From sparkling drinks to veggie alternaties, everything you need for a wedding (or any other occasion) buffet for up to 20 guests - and every dish can be doubled, tripled or halved.
Get off to a sparkling start...
Greet guests with these bite-size canapés - to serve 20 guests, you'll need to make about 80 crostini.
Mix and match crostini
- Canapés are a wonderful way to start a smart buffet, but keep them small - no bigger than a mouthful - so they are easy to eat.
- Keep things simple by assembling them in a production line. Lay out all the bread slices on a large surface, then top with each ingredient individually.
- Get some helpers if you can, and if space allows, even if it's only to chop up a bunch of herbs.
- Lay out the platters on the table or ask youngsters to help pass them around.
- To save yourself time and space, for a more relaxed occasion, fill a big bowl with crostini and put the toppings in smaller bowls, so guests can serve themselves.
- Buy the best-quality ingredients you can. As the crostini aren't cooked, you'll be able to taste the difference in good smoked salmon and fresh crab.
- Use any leftover herbs to decorate the serving plates.