Spaghetti with chilli prawns, salami & gremolata breadcrumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 thumb-sized red chillies , sliced and most seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 10 slices fennel salami , chopped
- 140g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 400g spaghetti or bucatini pasta
- 300g large raw prawns , shells removed
For the breadcrumbs
- 2 slices crusty bread , pulsed to crumbs
- large handful flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- zest 1 lemon
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large frying pan, heat 3 tbsp of the oil. Add the chillies and most of the garlic (save 1 tsp for the breadcrumbs) and sauté until golden, about 2-3 mins. Add the fennel seeds and salami, and stir for 1 min. Tip in the tomatoes and a pinch of salt, then sauté for a further 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Tip the breadcrumbs onto a baking sheet, pour over the remaining oil, season and bake for 7 mins. Toss the remaining garlic through the crumbs and bake for 3 mins more. Remove and add the parsley and lemon zest.
- STEP 3
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water to packet instructions, about 9 mins. Heat the sauce and just before the pasta is ready, stir in the prawns so that they cook through. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce, then sprinkle with the crumbs.