Smoked trout & horseradish pâté
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4-6 with other nibbles
- 140g cream cheese
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill , plus extra fronds to serve
- 2 smoked trout fillets
- 500g rye bread , sliced, to serve
- 1 Baby Gem lettuce , leaves separated, to serve
- STEP 1
Put the cream cheese, horseradish, and lemon zest and juice in a bowl, and mix together until smooth. Season.
- STEP 2
Add the chopped dill and flake in the smoked trout, removing any bones or skin as you go. Stir well to combine and add more seasoning to taste. The pâté will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Serve garnished with dill fronds and sprinkled with cracked black pepper. Eat with rye bread and lettuce leaves.