- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , halved and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- large bunch flat-leaf parsley , leaves and stalks separated
- 2-3 tsp paprika
- 200g roasted red pepper , drained weight, thickly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomato with garlic
- 400g white fish fillet, cut into very large chunks
- few fresh mussels (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a pan, then add the onions, celery and a little salt. Cover, then gently fry until soft, about 10 mins. Put the parsley stalks, half the leaves, oil and seasoning into a food processor and whizz to a paste. Add this and the paprika to the softened onions, frying for a few mins. Tip in the peppers and tomatoes with a splash of water, then simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced.
- STEP 2
Lay the fish and mussels on top of the sauce, put a lid on, then simmer for 5 mins until the fish is just flaking and the mussels have opened – discard any that stay shut. Gently stir the seafood into the sauce, season, then serve in bowls.