Herby lamb with roast aubergine & Puy lentils
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Give your traditional roast a new spin with this rosemary encrusted rack of lamb, served over dressed lentils, aubergine and red onion.
- 1 aubergine , halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil , plus extra for brushing
- 2 medium red onions , cut into wedges
- 300g French trimmed rack of lamb , any visible fat removed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 250g pack cooked puy lentils
- good handful mint
- good handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slash the aubergine several times and brush with a little oil. Put the onions in a small roasting tin, place the aubergine on top and roast for 20 mins. Meanwhile, season the lamb with pepper and press the rosemary onto the outside. Add the lamb to the tin and cook for 25 mins more until the aubergine and lamb are cooked. Remove the lamb, cover and leave to rest for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the lentils following pack instructions, dice the roasted aubergine, then toss in a bowl with the lentils, onions, mint, parsley, vinegar, remaining oil and the pine nuts, if using. Slice the lamb into cutlets and serve with the lentil salad.