Crisp bacon & avocado toasts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 4 rashers smoked bacon , streaky
- 6 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 small ripe avocado , peeled and stoned
- squeeze lime juice
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 chunky slices granary bread
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Put the bacon and cherry tomatoes, cut side up, on a grill rack and grill for 10 mins, turning the bacon halfway through, until crisp. Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado with a fork and stir in the lime juice, chilli flakes, some salt, if you like, and pepper.
- STEP 2
Toast the bread until golden and spoon on the mashed avocado. Top with the tomatoes and bacon, then serve.