- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika , plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- splash of Worcestershire sauce (Lancashire sauce is a veggie option)
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans in water, drained
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp light soured cream , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork, then cook them in the microwave on High for 8 mins or until soft. Rub with 1 tsp of the paprika, 1 tsp of the oil and some seasoning. Transfer to a baking tray, put in the oven and cook for 10-15 mins until crispy.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, make the beans. Cook the onion in the remaining oil until soft. Add the garlic, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining paprika, and cook for a further 1-2 mins until sticky. Tip in the beans, tomatoes and a splash of water, and simmer until the sweet potatoes are ready.
- STEP 3
Serve the sweet potatoes with the beans on top, a dollop of soured cream and a pinch of paprika, if you like.